GREEN BUILDING PRACTICES
100 Seadrift Road
Ecological Project Design
- Existing footprint of house was maintained.
Mindful Materials Handling
- Cardboard, metal, paper, wood, and 90% of construction waste were recycled during project construction.
- Sawdust was composted onsite.
- Carefully removed existing shingles and reused on exterior and interior walls.
- Existing framing materials were re-purposed into new wall and ceiling finishes.
- Salvaged material used extensively for finish materials.
- All interior trim was salvaged Sugar Pine from Evan Shivley.
Sustainable Materials Integration
- Framing lumber was FSC-certified (80%).
- All interior finish elements were made from salvaged materials.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- New high-effienency boiler installed for radiant heat and domestic hot water.
- 100% LED lighting.
- New solar hot water heater installed.
- UltraTouch cotton insulation was used in floors, ceilings and walls.
- YOLO interior paint and primer.
- Natural oil-based wood finishes (Bioshield, Osmo).
Inquire with Vida about the possibilities for your renovation, addition or new construction.
Call (415) 868-8881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.