GREEN BUILDING PRACTICES
Ecological Project Design
- Existing structure with excellent southern exposure.
Mindful Materials Handling
- Cardboard, metal, paper and wood were recycled during project construction.
- Saw dust was composted.
- Exterior decking removed and reused at Overlook Drive.
- Existing mahogany trim and paneling removed for future use.
- Existing exterior lighting removed for repair and reuse.
- Re maining construction materials diverted from waste stream for future use.
- Salvaged lumber used for new patio fence posts.
- Salvaged beams used in guest cabin additions.
- Sand excavated from site used as fill for other project.
Sustainable Materials Integration
- 85% of framing lumber was FSC-certified.
- Installation of bamboo and cork flooring in new living areas.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- Roof-top 4.5 KW PV solar electric system installed.
- Roof-top solar hot water boost system installed for pool heating and domestic hot water supply.
- Rigid foam insulation installed below new roofing for additional R-value.
- UltraTouch cotton insulation used throughout home.
- Low-VOC adhesives.
- Low-VOC paint used on drywall.
- Low-VOC finish used on bamboo flooring.
- Locally-milled lumber used for siding and fencing to reduce transportation costs.
- Dual-flush toilets replaced existing fixtures.
- Low-water landscaping installed.
Inquire with Vida about the possibilities for your renovation, addition or new construction.
Call (415) 868-8881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.