GREEN BUILDING PRACTICES
Calle Del Mar
Ecological Project Design
- Existing structure with excellent southern exposure.
Mindful Materials Handling
- Cardboard, metal, paper and wood were recycled during project construction.
- Saw dust was composted.
- Existing Douglas Fir stairway was repurposed into new loft ladder.
- Salvaged beams used in guest cabin additions.
- Sand excavated from site used as fill for other project.
Sustainable Materials Integration
- 85% of framing lumber was FSC-certified.
- Clay floor (made from soil excavated from site) was used for lower level finished floor.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- Set up for future solar PV system.
- Rigid foam insulation installed below new roofing for additional R-value.
- UltraTouch cotton insulation used throughout home.
- Low-VOC adhesives.
- Low-VOC paint used on drywall.
- Dual-flush toilets replaced existing fixtures.
- Low-water landscaping installed.
Inquire with Vida about the possibilities for your renovation, addition or new construction.
Call (415) 868-8881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.