GREEN BUILDING PRACTICES
Ecological Project Design
- Existing structure and footprint were maintained.
Mindful Materials Handling
- Cardboard, metal, paper, wood, and 90% of construction waste were recycled during project construction.
- Sawdust was composted onsite.
- Carefully removed existing materials and reused in renovation.
- Existing Eichler cabinet doors were upcycled into furniture.
- Deconstructed materials reused onsite, donated or recycled.
Sustainable Materials Integration
- Framing lumber was FSC-certified (90%).
- New flooring throughout house was FSC-certified.
- All new doors were made with FSC-certified materials.
- Tile was made with recycled materials from a local factory.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- Designed for day-lighting.
- New PV system installed.
- New solar hot water heater installed on roof.
- Battery charger installed for electric car.
- UltraTouch cotton insulation was used in floors, ceilings and walls.
- Zero-VOC AFM interior paint and primer.
Inquire with Vida about the possibilities for your renovation, addition or new construction.
Call (415) 868-8881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.