GREEN BUILDING PRACTICES
El Camino Real
Ecological Project Design
- Small addition built within existing house footprint.
Mindful Materials Handling
- Cardboard, metal, paper and wood were recycled during project construction.
- Exterior hardware was donated to Building REsources.
- Interior finish items (cabinetry, electrical and plumbing fixtures, towel bars) were donated to Building REsources.
- New front door, windows and exterior trim were custom-made with salvaged old-growth redwood.
Sustainable Materials Integration
- Framing material was FSC-certified lumber.
- Interior trim was reclaimed redwood.
- New exterior siding was milled from FSC-certified redwood chosen to match the original siding.
- Cabinet boxes are FSC-certified plywood.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- New high-efficiency appliances installed.
- New windows and doors with insulated glazing and low-e coatings.
- UltraTouch Cotton insulation was used in floors, ceilings and walls.
- Natural oil-based wood finish used on trim.
Inquire with Vida about the possibilities for your renovation, addition or new construction.
Call (415) 868-8881 or email email@example.com.